Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm a Reader, You're a Reader, Wouldn't You Like to be a Rockstar, too?

I'm a pretty passionate person. Love great causes, root for triumph over stereotypes, and hug puppies. You'd say "of course you bleeding heart, you would support early childhood and family literacy programs."

But there is where you are wrong. I'm incredibly uncomfortable around children, and self-diagnosed as "baby-phob." They all freak me out. And no, I'm not an only child and have about 18 first cousins.

But I believe that children, starting before birth, should be read to so strongly that I've dedicated my time for the past 5 years on the board of an amazing organization called BookSpring.

Why am I so passionate about BookSpring? Because I'm living proof that the greatest, long-lasting gift a parent can give to their child is the love of reading. And thanks to Mom - I'm an avid reader, and some would argue or see me as successful.

If you're a reader - can you be a rockstar too? Sponsor a child in our upcoming Read-A-Thon. And if you don't think your contribution is enough to make a difference your wrong. Just listen to these kids.


Our future will be in there hands....


PS - Note to you parents - read to your kids. This isn't an economic problem, this is a priority problem. Take time. It makes the world of difference.

H

1 comment:

  1. ...And BookSpring is all the better for you being such a dedicated volunteer and leader of the organization!!!

    ReplyDelete