Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Doing What's Right

I've had something that I could have swept into a box, put on a shelf, pretend I didn't have, and let it go.

I was a picture of my ex, with his brother and grandfather, when they were young. It's a nice picture, and in fact, maybe not one he remembered having at all.

My grandfather passed away on Dec 2, 2010 unexpectedly. Part of our grieving and celebration was to gather and look through photos that we all had of Bob, and share memories, moments, and stories of this man who we hold so dear to our hearts.

I won't say it was an easy call, even though it would seem such. It was a hard call, to dial the number and wonder how the conversation would go - Argue? Cordial? Real? All that I really wanted was to do what was right.

And it was fine. That picture is worth more than the arguments, differences, and how the relationship (or lack thereof) came to be years later. It's about stepping into the uncomfortable and doing what is right.

Regardless...

No comments:

Post a Comment