Friday, April 15, 2011

My Dogs Are Too Smart....

So...

I love my dogs, but sometimes they can be a pain in the butt. Ginger, the long-haired, Prima donna dachshund, and Rocco, the 3.5-lb terror chihuahua, make quite the couple.

They like to bark at everything, every noise, everyone. Demand attention, and treats at 8:00PM every night. I like to call them "donkeys," just because I think its funny.

Well, they are no jackasses. I put them outside for the morning while our cleaning person went to work on the house. They barked at the door consistently, which annoyed me, and I repeatedly said in my strongest, deepest voice said "NO."

Finally, they were quiet. All was good, I went into my office to work. Suddenly, Patricia came into my office and stated "I think your dogs are at the front door."

"Huh? How can that be?"

"I don't know, but they are out there."

And sure enough, there were Ginger and Rocco. Apparently, they decided that the back yard wasn't good enough, and wanted in. They squeezed beneath the front gate, and tried the front door.

I have to say, I caved. They are hanging in the house, barking at the vacuum cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment